Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday 8 April
Soo-ooo-ooore after the 45 minute long run on Monday. Ankle tendons felt strained, legs tired. I had a light, low-impact gym session on Tuesday and had a rest day on Wednesday. 

Today I was determined to pump out a fast run, spurred on by Miss Nickii's 5km in 26 minutes, something I am nowhere near. 
I did a ten  minute warmp up, walking for 5 and runnnign at 7.5km/hr for 5. This is better than my usual 5 minute walk; it gets the initial pain and grumping out of the way. 

Minutes              Speed
0-1                        8.5
1-2.5?                   8
2.5?-15                 8.5
15-20                     8
20-30                     8.5
Average speed: 8.4km/hr.4.17km. 428 cals. Max HR 195bpm. Av HR183bpm. 

Hard! I loved the first rnu at 8.5km/hr; I felt srtong and like I was running. By 4 minutes of the second set at 8.5km/hr, I didn't think I could make it to the end, and if wasn't for Guns'n'Roses I wouldn't have. My high average HR shows it. I've never run that long at 8.5 before; it still really feels like a lot faster than 8.



No comments:

Post a Comment