Friday, May 14, 2010

Now where was I up to? I'll try to reconstruct.

We last left our hero on Tuesday 4 May.

Wednesday was a welcome rest day to rest the old glut med.

Thursday 6 May
A cross-training day, including two (?) 15 minute runs at about 8km/hr. Anyway, it was a 500 cal burn. There was some reason that it was hard to make myself go but I can't remember.

Friday 7 May
A run at a new gym. Very proud of myself for making it after a mammoth shopping effort. (I was home sick. But I got better and then bored).

Minutes     Speed       Incline
0-10          8km/hr      0
10-20        8.5            0
20-25        8               0
25-30        8.5            0

Good strong run, despite sore legs at the beginning.

  


And then: a long rest. Slack weekend. Nothing Monday. On Tuesday I was suffering a post-over-solarium painful burn.

But the four days off were great. My glute med really improved, and when I hopped back on the tready on Wednesday my legs felt fresher than they had in a long time. No ankle tendon strain, no calf tightness, and overall a really, really enjoyable run, both physically and mentally.

Wednesday 12 May
Minutes     Speed       Incline
0-10          8km/hr      0
10-20        8.5            0
20-25        8               0
25-30        8.5            0

Followed it with 10 minutes of hard work on the elliptical.


Friday 14 May
Yesterday was a rest - and I don't begrudge it because my gltue med is holding up well.
Today I did a cross-training session, thinking that I will run outside on the weekend. I included 15 minutes of runnign at 8.5km/hr in the middle of a 45 minute session, which felt good and strong. I'll be including more 8.5km/hr blcoks in my 30 minute or 5km runs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment