Friday, March 19, 2010

My run this morning was a bit of a mixed bag. I went to the gym yesterday and the balhest session of balh. Today I just wanted to run (actually, yesterday morning the only thing that made me get out of bed was thinking about a run. Maybe I just should have done that).

Today's run had good points:
  • It was 30 minutes of which the first 10 minutes was at 7.5km/hr and then the last 20 minutes at 8km/hr. 
  • My lowest speed was 7.5km/hr, whereas on Tuesday it was 7.2km/hr in my warm up adn cool down. 
  • So my average speed was 7.8km/hr, which is .1 faster than Tuesday's tempo run. 
  • I ran 3.89km which is about 40 metres more than Tuesday. 
  • My hip felt great, my calves had softened up, I got into the swing of things, and my Marathoners - which I re-laced - weren't doing the mega-pronation thing they were last time. 
  • Also I burned 398 calories which is excellent in light if tonight's dinner plans which are all very cashewy and winey.

And it had 'hmmm' points:
  • the HRM says my max HR was 199. I don't believe that; I was working hard and as on Tuesday foudn the last five minutes at 8km/hr tough, but I didn't see my HRM go above 192.
  • I did find the last 5 minutes tough. I'd hoped it would have become a little easier.  
Somehow, even with all those good points, I feel a little confused about today and feel like it wasn't as good as Tuesday's run.



After the 30 minutes I did 10 minutes on the x-rainer - the swingy one - and then another 10 minute run. I did 5 minutes at 8km/hr, 3 minutes at 8.5km/hr, 1 minute at 9km/hr, adn then 1 minute at 9.5km/hr. i totalled 1.37 km, with a max HR of 192 (hich also makes me questionthe 199 recoding above). The average HR doesn't count cos I was recording it when I was on the x-trainer.  Average speed was 8.3km/hr.


I liked running faster; it was harder and I couldn't have kept up 9.5km/hr for long, but it was gutbusting like when I first started again.  Baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment